Dec 23, 2022
Happiness is elusive in this
world, particularly for anyone going through massive growth and
change. As we seek successful, stress-free lives of our own, we
parents, educators, counselors, and everyone else who deal daily
with adolescents should strive to be part of their solutions, not
their troubles. Amy and Mike consulted a wide range of
knowledgeable experts to share their insights into supporting happy
and relaxed teens.
What are ten things you will
learn in this episode?
- What are the main drivers of teen
- What behaviors do teens at the highest and
lowest socioeconomic levels exhibit?
- What are the “passengers” that steer us wrong
in stressful moments?
- Why do adults nag teens, and what they should
be doing instead?
- What are helicopter, snowplow, curling, and
absentee landlord parents?
- Why is it so important to teens as more than
- How does sleep impact teen physical, mental,
and emotional health?
- How can proper breathing regulate the nervous
- What are the differences between productive and
- What does balance mean for a high school
BUILDING HAPPIER TEENS
TEEN ANXIETY AND SOCIOECONOMIC STATUS
USING MINDFULNESS FOR TEST AND
HELPING TEENS FIND MOTIVATION AND
HOW PARENTS CAN BEST SUPPORT
STUDENTS IN TEST PREP
TUTORING TREASURES: TIPS FOR
HELPING TEENS GET THE SLEEP THEY NEED
HOW TO BREATHE DURING STRESSFUL
BRINGING GRIT TO TESTING AND
BRINGING CRITICAL BALANCE TO HIGH
ABOUT THIS PODCAST
Tests and the
Rest is THE college
admissions industry podcast. Explore all of our episodes on
the show page.
ABOUT YOUR HOSTS
Mike Bergin is the president
of Chariot Learning and founder of TestBright. Amy Seeley is the president of
Seeley Test Pros. If you’re interested in working with Mike
and/or Amy for test preparation, training, or consulting, feel free
to get in touch through our contact